We are pleased to announce that the Center has re-opened. All of our in-person programs have returned to the DeCorso Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- We encourage seniors to contact their healthcare provider regarding the vaccine.
Important Safety Protocols for In-Person Activities and Programs
- The wearing of masks in the Borough of New Providence Municipal Buildings, including the DeCorso Center, is no longer required. Social distancing is still recommended.
- Please note that the Department of Health encourages residents to make individual decisions within the guidelines in place. Masks are strongly recommended for individuals who are immunocompromised or who have immunocompromised individuals living at home with them. Masks are also strongly recommended when riding the Senior Bus, and for Bridge, Mah Jongg, Game Day, and other activities when seniors may not be socially distanced. If you are concerned about disease transmission or you are not fully vaccinated, you are encouraged to wear a mask.
- We continue to encourage everyone to stay up to date with their vaccinations.
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you please do not attend our in-person programs.
Thank you for your cooperation. Let's work together to keep our community safe!
Upcoming DeCorso Center Programs
See our current newsletter and calendar (link in left menu) for a complete listing of our activities and program details.
Hybrid Exercise Classes
To register for these classes, please send an email to the DeCorso Center. The following is the schedule for classes:
- Monday, In Control at 9.30 am, Zoom
- Monday, Chair Yoga at 11 am, in person and via Zoom
- Tuesday, Balance, and Conditioning at 9:45 am, in person and via Zoom
- Thursday, Strong YOU! at 9:30 am, in person and via Zoom
- Thursday, Tai chi at 1 pm, Zoom
- Friday, Zumba at 9 am, Zoom
Senior Bus Shopping Trips
- The NP Senior Shuttle is continuing ShopRite trips on Tuesday mornings with pick-ups at about 8 am. Please call on Monday mornings to reserve your spot.
- New Providence Public Health Nurse 908-743-1049
- Union County Division on Aging 888-280-8226
- Westfield Regional Health Department 908-789-4070 or website
- SAGE Eldercare services for New Providence Residents: SAGE Eldercare is a nonprofit organization providing programs and services to meet the changing needs of older adults, their families, and caregivers. New Providence Borough has contracted with SAGE and their services are available to all New Providence residents. The liaison for New Providence residents may be reached at 908-598-5550.
- Union County Paratransit System 908-241-8300
DeCorso Community Center Information
The DeCorso Community Center serves as the home for the New Providence Senior Citizens Club, established in 1959. Both the Center and Club provide opportunities for senior residents to socialize and participate in programs and activities in an atmosphere that acknowledges and affirms the dignity and self-worth of the older adult.
Donated to the Borough by the DeCorso family in 1977, the facility includes a library, solarium, kitchen and areas for presentations, performances, games, exercise and parties. The Senior Citizens bus can provide transportation to many Senior Center activities and events. By collaborating with other agencies and groups, the center is a rich source for information on healthy living, healthcare, assisted living options, and much more.
Residents 55 plus can volunteer, participate and get involved in one of our committees, clubs or classes!