For New Residents
Welcome New Providence! We're so pleased that you are here. We've compiled some information to assist you with the business of moving and getting settled in our community, and if you need anything just ask. We're a friendly community and happy to help.
Whether relocating your family, a business or just yourself, there is a lot to do. On this page is some additional information that will help you get established:
- For garbage and recycling dates, meeting information, and other important materials
- General information about our town
Recreation Guidebook (PDF) - Recreation programs and other organizations and businesses that offer recreational programs.
Register for Smart 911 - Our emergency communication system.
- Jersey Central Power and Light Co.
First Energy Corp Website
- NJ American Water Company
NJ American Water Company website
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission website
- Morristown Medical Center
100 Madison Avenue, Morristown
Morristown Medical Center website
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
201 Lyons Avenue, Newark
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center website
- Overlook Medical Center
99 Beauvior Avenue, Summit
Overlook Medical Center website
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Old Short Hills Road, Livingston
Saint Barnabas Medical Center website
Parking & Other Local Regulations
View our Local Regulations page.
- DeCamp Bus Lines
DeCamp Bus Lines website
- Lakeland Bus Lines
Lakeland Bus Lines website
- NJ Transit
NJ Transit website
- Hoboken or Jersey City (to World Financial Center)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Forms Phone: 800-829-3676
- NJ Division of Taxation
NJ Division of Taxation Information
Refund Inquiry Phone: 800-323-4400