Tax Relief Programs
New Jersey (NJ) Property Tax Relief Programs
The State of New Jersey has instituted several rebate programs regarding property taxes. To view complete details on the tax rebate programs, view the NJ Division of Taxation website.
The State also offers a yearly $250 senior citizen deduction, disabled person deduction, and veteran's deduction. For more information visit the Tax Assessor's Department page.
NJ ANCHOR Program - New 2022
The 2019 Affordable New Jersey Communities for Homeowners and Renters (ANCHOR) program has replaced the Homestead Benefit program. This program provides property tax relief to New Jersey residents who owned or rented their principal residence (main home) on October 1, 2019, and met the income limits. Applications were mailed to Union County residents on September 26, 2022. The filing deadline was extended from December 31st to February 28, 2023. See the state website for more details.
NJ Homestead Benefit (Replaced by the ANCHOR program in 2022)
- 2018 Homestead benefits were applied to 2nd quarter 2022 taxes.
- 2017 Homestead Benefits were applied to 2nd quarter 2021 taxes.
- No Homestead Benefit was given in the year 2020 due to the covid-19 pandemic.
- 2016 Homestead Benefit credits were applied to the 2nd quarter 2019 and 4th quarter 2019 taxes.
- 2015 Homestead Benefit credits were applied to the 2nd quarter 2018 taxes and 4th quarter 2018 taxes.
- 2014 Homestead Benefit credits were applied to 2nd quarter 2017 taxes.
- 2013 Homestead Benefit credits were applied to 2nd quarter 2016 taxes.
- 2012 Homestead Benefit credits were applied to 2nd quarter 2015 taxes.
- No Homestead Benefit was given in the year 2014.
- 2011 Homestead Benefit credits were applied to 3rd quarter 2013 taxes.
If you have any questions regarding the homestead benefit please call the state of NJ division of taxation at 888-238-1233 or check the state website for more information.
NJ Property Tax Reimbursement (Senior Freeze)
2022 Property Tax Reimbursement (PTR) forms were mailed to qualified homeowners in mid-February 2023. The deadline for filing is October 31, 2023.