Special thanks to the New Providence Business Community for sponsoring many of the Borough’s events. For inquiries regarding community events, please call 908-665-1400 Ext. 8232 or go to New Providence Business Community website.
2023 COMMUNITY EVENTS:
- Earth Day Green Fair – Saturday, April 22, 10 am to noon, Centennial Park: Featuring kids’ crafts, interactive booths, information about living a more sustainable lifestyle, and the awarding of the Pioneer Green awards. Fun for the whole family!
- Fishing Derby – Saturday, May 6, 8 am to 11 am, Oakwood Park: This family-friendly event is co-sponsored by New Providence P.B.A. Local Number 132 and New Providence Recreation. Children aged 15 years and younger are welcome to participate and compete for generous prizes provided by the P.B.A. The cost is $7 per child. The derby takes place rain or shine. Registration opens on April 3rd through Community Pass. For more information, view the 2023 Fishing Derby Flyer (PDF) here.
- Memorial Day Parade – Monday, May 29, 10 am, Springfield Avenue: The parade takes place rain or shine! Refreshments will be served after the parade at the American Legion Post Number 433. Groups interested in participating can Email Allison Smith.
- Downtown Fireworks, Monday, July 3rd TBD: The borough will be sponsoring a fantastic fireworks show on Monday, July 3. The fireworks will be launched near South Street beginning at 9:30 pm and should be visible from most locations within the borough. So grab your lawn chair and settle into your favorite viewing spot around town! The July 3rd fireworks have been a longstanding tradition in town.
- National Night Out, Concert, and Fireworks – Tuesday, August 1 TBD: Sponsored by New Providence PBA Local Number 132 and the New Providence Business Community. This event is at 7 pm at the NP High School. National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. First responders including police, firefighters, and EMS display their equipment and interact with the community. This is an opportunity for the entire family to meet not only the people who serve and protect them but also the local businesses and organizations that help our town thrive.
- Annual New Providence PBA Local Number 132 Car Show, Saturday, October 7, 10 am to 3 pm New Providence Community Pool Parking Lot: This annual event includes prizes, food trucks, a vendor showcase, and a 50/50 raffle. Proceeds go to members' goods and welfare funds as well as families of fallen officers. For more information, see the Event Flyer (Facebook) here.
- Scarecrow Contest – TBD: Be a part of the Scarecrow Stroll through Downtown New Providence! Create your own unique family-friendly scarecrow or a scarecrow representing your organization, sport, or business. It can be wild, funny, furry, silly, or ridiculous. Use your imagination!! Free to enter but space is limited! This is your chance to express yourself, your organization, or your business!
- FreeCycle Festival – Date TBD: Sustainable New Providence’s annual FreeCycle event, where members of the community can donate used (but working/usable) items that other people can take and reuse for free.
- Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Event: More details to come on this family-friendly event.
Downtown Trick-Or-Treating – October 28: Trick or Treat with local businesses will be held in downtown New Providence. Wear your costumes and look for the stores with an orange pumpkin in the window or on the door! This event is Rain or Shine.
Street Fair – TBD: The fair, sponsored by the New Providence Businesses Community, will be held on Springfield Avenue, between South Street and Livingston Avenue. The fair promises a day of fun for the entire family! The streets are filled with various exhibits, vendors, and activities. Food vendors will sell refreshments and delicious food throughout the day. Local residents and visitors come to enjoy the food and entertainment. Businesses can participate in this event by serving as a sponsor or a vendor.
Holiday Festival, Friday – November 24, 6 pm, Downtown New Providence: This family-friendly event, sponsored by the New Providence Business Community, will feature Santa’s arrival at Provident Bank on South Street and his parade through downtown with the NPHS Marching Band. There’ll be merchant activities and giveaways, along with fireworks! Come out to support our beloved merchants and enjoy the festivities and fireworks! Find more information on this event by visiting the New Providence Business Community Holiday Festival Event Page.