Elections & Voting Information
You can register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You will be 18 years old by the next election
- You will be a resident of the State and county for 30 days before the election
- You are not currently serving a sentence because of a felony conviction
- Registration Deadline: 21 days before an election
This new option enables all registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during in-person early voting period prior to Election Day.
View the Register Online website.
View the Voter Registration Form English (PDF).
View the Voter Registration Form Spanish (PDF).
There a Three Ways You Can Vote
Vote by Mail
After you complete your Vote-By-Mail Ballot, return your ballot by one of three ways, mail it back, place it in one of Union County's Secure Ballot Drop Box Locations or return it to your County Board of Elections Office (PDF).
In-Person Early Voting
This new option enables all registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during in-person early voting period prior to Election Day. You can now choose to vote, in person, when it's most convenient for your schedule.
No matter where you live in the county, you can vote your specific ballot at any of your county's designated in-person early voting locations. View the Find Union County Locations (PDF).
At Your Polling Place on Election Day
Vote in person at your polling place, from 6 am to 8 pm on Election Day. View to find your Election Day Poll Location (PDF)
Note: Your Vote-By-Mail ballot can not be returned to your In-Person Early Voting Poll Location or your Election Day Poll Location.
- Am I registered to vote?
- What is the deadline to register to vote?
- How do I change my party affiliation?
- What is my voting district?
- Register on Line
- 2023 Election Calendar
- Application for Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Union County Board of Elections
- New Jersey Voter Information Portal
- Union County Clerk
- New Providence District Map (PDF)
- Political Party Affiliation Declaration Form (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form - English (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form - Spanish (PDF)